Island Farm Stories


Mrs Lynda Timms from Derby is our fifth Story teller. She moved to Llantwit Major recently. Her Maiden name was Gee and her family used to own the construction firm GEE Walker & Slater LTD. A major company that goes back a few years. They constructed several buildings between 1864 and 1950. Mrs Timms brought to show us the company's photo album that contains photos of their work. They built Island Farm in 1938 and surprisingly a number of other buildings in South Wales during the 1930s and 1940s. With Mrs Timms' kind permission we are showing here photos of the buildings located in South Wales.

Photo album created with Web Album Generator